Stillborn Still Loved Guild
Our mission is to honor the lives of stillborn babies through advocacy, awareness and support.
The guild is a place for people with similar experience to come together and create change. We are a Seattle Children’s Hospital Guild sponsoring events to raise awareness of stillbirth and raise money to support GAPPS.
We support the work of GAPPS, (Global Alliance to Prevent Prematurity and Stillbirth) whose mission is to lead a collaborative, global effort to increase awareness and accelerate innovative research and interventions that will improve maternal, newborn and child health outcomes and to decrease fetal mortality.
The Stillborn Still Loved Guild was birthed out of the hearts of four parents: Ashley, Abbie, Keli and Ralph. Our babies: Walker, Isaiah, Adam and Harry forever changed our lives. As we have each grappled with surviving our children’s deaths we felt compelled to create change. Bereaved parents should not have to suffer alone. Bonded by the love for our children, we have come together, inspired to honor them through changing the future.
The Stillborn Still Loved Guild supports GAPPS through raising money, awareness and collaboration. GAPPS is doing ground-breaking work by leading a global movement to change the reality of stillbirth in our world. We are humbled to be a part of this important cause. The guild sponsors fundraisers and events to raise awareness and provide community for families of stillborn babies. We are eager to change the way stillbirth is viewed in society while creating opportunities to cherish our babies. It is our hope that this new guild can be a helpful way for families to work together out of love for their babies.
The Stillborn Still Loved Guild welcomes any members who feel compelled to honor the lives of stillborn babies by joining the efforts of our guild. The guild is made up of parents, families, medical professionals, and friends. By collaborating with you in this mission we are gaining momentum for change that cannot be stopped. Our hope is that the work of our guild will have a profoundly positive impact on the hearts of our society, the medical field, research efforts and families of stillborn babies so that silence no longer surrounds the lives and deaths of our babies.
What We Value
- Our children, their lives and their place in our lives
- Each other, our individual talents, interests and experiences
- Stillbirth research and prevention
- Stillbirth education and awareness
- Support for grieving families
- Creating community for grieving families to alleviate the loneliness of having a stillborn baby
Examples of Guild Projects
- Educating the public about the reality of stillbirth and grief
- Networking in order to better support families.
- Cultivating Community so that families are not alone in their grief.
- Educating the medical community on how to care for grieving families.
- Fostering change in the way people view fetal health, stillbirth and grief
- Raising money for GAPPS. There are infinite ways to raise money depending on talents, interests and what works well in the group.
- Hosting events to raise money, increase awareness and to build community.
What To Do To Help
- Become a member
- Sponsor a fundraising event
- Get involved with the Stillborn Still Loved mission
- Donate money to the Stillborn Still Loved Guild to support our work and the work of GAPPS